Join us for the Local Sense launch event! And stay tuned for a formal invitation that we’ll post here, which will include more detail about the event’s activities, booths, demonstrations, and participants.
August 14, 2016
Downtown Crossing (at the intersection Summer Street, Winter Street, and Washington Street)
A community event and “Citizen Science Lab” hosted by the City of Boston, the Local Sense team, and its sponsors and contributors.
Join Boston citizens, technologists, businesses, and City agencies to explore what a hyper-local, sensor-rich environment can offer. Learn about technologies being deployed, or soon to be deployed, across the city, and engage with the people–data scientists, urban planners, and experts in cyber-physical systems–behind “smart city” initiatives in Boston and beyond.
Live drinks and music will provide the backdrop for what we hope is an engaging and interactive day for Bostonians of all ages. Local startups, technologists, and labs will showcase their technologies; Local Sense sponsors will present case studies on how they plan to use data generated by urban sensors; and City agencies will be there to get feedback from citizens on how data can improve their work. Citizens will be invited to engage with data platforms and visualizations that put rich, real-time data, literally, at their fingertips.
We hope that the Local Sense launch event increases citizens’ literacy of how sensors might affect their daily lives, builds public support for “smart city” initiatives, and demonstrates a successful pilot of a complex, technical architecture capable of accommodating many stakeholders and needs.
- Lead brand positioning at the heavily-trafficked event site and web portal;
- Brand exposure to over 100,000 citizens per day in downtown Boston;
- Favorable coverage from local community groups and media (see related coverage by the Boston Globe and CityLab)
- Opportunities to position your organization as a thought leader before, during, and after the event;
- Demonstrate your products and solutions through a variety of sponsorship packages for any budget.